The Health Policy Division
Statement of Purpose:
Advice and supports policymakers in the development and assessment of quality and evidence-based sectoral and program policies to achieve health sector goals through an inclusive and efficient policy process.
- Formulates the health sector policy agenda covering
health service delivery, health regulation, health care
financing and governance development.
- Manages the health policy development process.
- Develops and coordinates sectoral and internal systems
and processes for health policy development.
- Provides technical assistance, consulting and advisory
services on matters pertaining to health policy
- Policy Agenda
- Policy Documents and Issuances
– Strategy Papers
– Policy Briefs
– Sectoral/Program Issuances formulated or reviewed
– (IRRs, EOs, AOs, DOs)
– Minutes, Resolutions and Directives (DOH Execom, NHSM)
- Policy Dialogues/Fora (RTDs, Public Consultations, Policy Forum, Brown Bag Sessions)
- Inter-Agency/Multi-Sectoral Coordination and Linkages
- Technical Assistance on Policy Development